Walking and hiking trails are accessible from the hotel (picnic baskets available on request). Plan and download your walking and hiking routes in the Alpilles Regional Natural Park with the app available here: www.cheminsdeparcs.fr.
- Try Nordic walking or Acti’March, and discover the magnificent Alpilles landscapes while taking a breath of fresh air
DISCOVER THE ART OF THE OLIVE IN PROVENCE
Visit the millers, olive growers and olive confectioners: the Jean-Mare Cornille mills in Maussane, the Jean Martin vegetable confectionary in Maussane and the Castelas Mill in Les Baux de Provence where the hotel brings its olive harvest every autumn.
Introductory courses in olive oil tasting every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am. Free visits to the Castelas Oil Mill can be reserved at reception.
AROMATIC GARDEN: LES SENTIERS DE L’ABONDANCE
- Les Sentiers de l’Abondance are vast landscaped gardens that bear the Valeurs Parc label. They were created in a 3-hectare domain near the pretty village of Eygalières, in the heart of the Alpilles Regional Natural Park. These gardens are dedicated to highlighting the exceptional quality of the flora and fauna and the natural and agricultural environment of the surrounding Mediterranean massif. http://lessentiersdelabondance.com
- Tours – with or without a guide – from 1 May until 1 October. Information and reservations at 07 78 03 78 03
DISCOVER THE LES BAUX DE PROVENCE AOP VINEYARDS
Meet the winegrowers of Baux-de-Provence, and discover their authentic wines, marked by the Vallée des Baux terroir: Mas de la Dame, Mas Ste Berthe, Château d’Estoublon, Domaine Dalmeran, etc.
DISCOVER THE FLORA AND FAUNA WITH NATURALIST GUIDES
Every Wednesday and Friday from April to October, at dusk
See the eagle owls and duck bustards in the Alpilles. Tariffs: 2 hours – €15; 4 hours €18; half price for children under 6. Reservations at 06 95 90 70 48
Horse riding in the Alpilles for all skill-levels:
– 5km from the hotel http://.enganes.free.fr
– 8km from the hotel http://www.randochevalalpilles.com
– Children’s Pony Club 5km from the hotel http://le.rouget.free.fr
ALL TERRAIN SEGWAY IN THE ALPILLES
- Have a unique, fun and eco-friendly experience at the controls of an off-road Segway. The easy-to-handle self-balancing electric vehicle is accessible to everyone aged 12 and over.
- An hour-long guided tour of the Alpilles tracks near the Rocher des Baux summit.
- Tour starting point situated 4km from the hotel
The Alpilles Cheese Dairy
4km from Saint Rémy de Provence, in the land of Monsieur Seguin’s goat, you can meet our cheese maker, Monsieur Rueda, who’ll be delighted to show you around his farm with its 70 dairy goats.
We highly recommend the tomette cheese flavoured with oil, berries, pepper or satureja
Mas de l’Ange jams
The Mas de l’Ange farm has been in the same family for four generations. While olives are the main crop, the farm also produces fruit for jams, as well as processed products from the olives and fruit
M. Patrick MONNIER, EARL Mas de l’Ange, Mas de l’ange 13990 FONTVIEILLE – Mobile: 0680880298
The Lilamand Confectionary in St Rémy de Provence
Since 1866 the Lilamand Confectionary has been making its famous Provençal candied fruits, with the greatest respect for its family tradition
Today, with the benefit of five generations of experience, Pierre Lilamand has created a new workshop dedicated to the Calisson, syrups and jams.
Visit the workshop and boutique.
TOURS OF THE BAUX DE PROVENCE
CHÂTEAU DES BAUX VISIT WITH AUDIOGUIDE
Visit the Château des Baux, with its keep, fortified towers, and siege machines. Enjoy the magnificent views across the Provençal landscape as far as the sea. Let the audio guide lead you through the castle’s ruins and tell you the story of the Lords of Les Baux: over a thousand years of tumultuous history.
CARRIÈRES DE LUMIÈRES
Experience an audio-visual live event created by the Carrières de Lumières in the impressive limestone quarries of Baux-de-Provence, just 2km from the hotel.
Spectators walk through gigantic quarry galleries, while the floors, walls and ceilings act as natural projector screens
The museum occupies one of the most beautiful houses in the centre of the village and hosts a major retrospective of the work of Yves Brayer (1907-1990), an artist who was deeply enamoured with Mediterranean countries. There is also a temporary exhibition that changes each season.