Alsace-Village - Hôtel
49, rue Principale - F-67510 Obersteinbach
Tel : +33 (0)3 88 09 50 59
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 09 53 56
E-Mail : email@example.com
Alsace-Village is an authentic and welcoming Inn perched between gardens and forest in the Obersteinbach village.
In this protected environment (the cross-border Biosphere Reserve of the Northern Vosges and Pfalzerwald Regional Natural Park), streams run through the valleys and open, deciduous forests hide the ruins of pink sandstone castles, constructed on the rocky peaks a long time ago.
In the heart of these natural treasures, the Alsace-Village hotel offers 14 rooms and fully equipped apartments, so you can explore this part of northern Alsace at your leisure.
Today, as always, Mina gives wise tips on gardening, Angelica and Geoffrey tend to the new vegetable patch and Christelle concocts elaborate menus using seasonal vegetables, flowers and herbs.
- Selective waste sorting and encouraging clients to do the same. Composting and recycling kitchen scraps in the garden with the help of our chickens.
- Growing vegetables and maintaining our gardens without any synthesised pesticide
- Progressively renovating the building and rooms with renewable, low chemical emission materials.
- Installation of an oil condensing boiler (50% lower consumption)
- Installation of a heating and hot water system with a heat pump
- Discovery of “green tourism” (walking and horse riding, visiting a permaculture garden), touring the underbrush and the different biotopes
Leisure activites at the hotel
The Northern Vosges Regional Natural Park is suitable for all sorts of leisure activities, outdoor as well as cultural.
Nature walks through the forests, vineyards, orchards etc.
Cycle tracks along the streams
Sight-seeing: archaeological, religious, and military sites
Medieval castles and amazing rocky peaks
Discover local know-how: handicraft, gastronomy, regional products, wild culinary plants…
Activities in the surroundind area
The Northern Vosges Regional Natural Park is suitable to all sorts of leisure activities, outdoor as well as cultural.
- Nature walks through the forests , vineyards, orchards…
- Horse riding
- Cycle tracks along the streams
- Sight-seeing: archaeological, religious, and military sites
- Châteaux-forts et roches remarquables
- Medieval castles and amazing rocky peaks
- Discover local know-how: handicraft, gastronomy, regional products…
And there’s so much more…, For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the Northern Vosges Regional Natural Park website – “LABEL EDEN” 2009 Excellence Award for tourist destinations in the EDEN European contest
Regional Natural Park
The Northern Vosges Regional Natural Park
The Steinbach and Sauer Valleys in the Northern Vosges Natural Park, neighbouring Pfalzerwald (Germany), are appreciated for short stays by hikers wishing to unwind, while surrounded by nature.
The Northern Vosges Park, with its ponds, forests, giant rocks, flower-filled villages and medieval ruins, is a must to discover in real life:
In spring with the prairies and orchards in bloom, the sunlight between showers, the garden and its first vegetables…
In summer with long hikes, a siesta in the sun, a picnic by the stream, the magic of jams…
In autumn with the colourful forest leaves, the apple and pear harvests, evenings sharing a wine tasting or a pan of fried mushrooms…
And in winter, with Christmas, little biscuits, foie gras, the magic of folk art and village traditions…
The Petit Arnsberg ruins, a 14th century castle that dominates the Obersteinbach village
The Maison des Châteaux-forts (a museum dedicated to medieval castles) in Obersteinbach
The Blumenstein, Wasigenstein, Froensbourg, Wittschloessel, and Lutzelhardt castles…
The Fleckenstein Castle in Lembach
and so much more. For more information don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the Northern Vosges Regional Natural Park website.
The Alsace-Village hotel restaurant: country-flavoured cooking
The food is a subtle balance between traditional Alsatian and tasty modern dishes.
With each change of season, the menus are concocted with organic vegetables direct from the garden and fresh produce from local suppliers and farmers.
An affordable wine list (with wines from here and elsewhere)
- A set menu from €20 to €28, or à la carte
- Local specialties: cheese, trout, pâtés and cold cuts, desserts and tarts
- Regional specialties on request: baeckhoeffe, sauerkraut, terrined leg of lamb…
- Half board €60 per person: includes dinner, room and a hiker’s breakfast.
Our kitchen is open Friday evening, Saturday evening and on the eve of public holidays. All other days by reservation. Packed evening meal made up of a regional platter with salad and a dessert, available weekdays.
We have two options for our all you can eat, table service breakfast.
- Continental breakfast: Apple juice from the orchard, breads, butter, home-made jams and honey from the garden, yoghurt, cereal
- Hiker’s breakfast: the continental breakfast plus eggs from happy hens, farm ham and cheese