Staff at le Mas de la Grenouillère are committed to welcoming you in a preserved natural environment, where they will entice you to explore its hidden treasures. The Mas de la Grenouillère will welcome you to unique surroundings in a friendly atmosphere. Our hotel is committed to the European Charter for Sustainable Development and to the preservation of the environment through 33 commitments. Located within the Camargue Regional Natural Park, bearing the Hôtel au Naturel and Refuge LPO labels, our establishment is committed to sustainable development and the protection of our remarkable environmental heritage.
You can also come here in your electric vehicle, and recharge it, at no extra cost.
We are only too happy to welcome you to our establishment. Since its creation, we have made respect for the environment a cornerstone of our operations. For the sake of ourselves, you, and future generations, we designed our hotel to minimise its environmental impact as much as possible. Natural health, carbon, innovation, local development, employment and dialogue: 32 commitments to keep our land alive.
- Our showers and taps are equipped with flow regulators.
- We have double flow toilets (6L/3L) which allows us to not exhaust our water resources
- We recycle our waste with Elise Provence, which employs people with disabilities.
- The hotel only uses eco-friendly and eco-labelled cleaning products, made in Europe
- Flat screen LED televisions, Énergie Star certified. We also choose electric appliances with A+ classified power consumption
- Our reception products bear the European ECOLABEL mark.
- Our soap, shampoo, and conditioner are paraben-free.
- We are committed to using products that are not derived from GMOs or tested on animals.
- All our documents are used reasonably, we also use paper derived from forests that are sustainably managed.
- We promote local products to our customers.
- We use our own horse manure as a natural fertiliser for the lawn and flowers.
- Our launderer only uses eco-labelled detergent so as to reduce carbon impact as much as possible, and to keep water and energy consumption to a minimum.
- We use low energy lamps for 24-hour lighting.
- We use solar energy.
- We monitor and analyse our energy consumption on a monthly basis.
- Our French windows are double-glazed, and made in France.
- We require our suppliers to keep to a single delivery day in order to limit their carbon footprint.
- Our bedrooms feature eco-friendly bedding, bathroom linen and paper.
- Bathroom furniture is made of bamboo, a plant with the fastest growth and regeneration rates.
- Our furniture comes from thinned forests. Production waste is processed and recycled, as is wood waste. Our suppliers are committed to privileging the use of wood harvested near their production sites in order to limit transport distances.
- Our suppliers have signed a code of conduct for sustainable forest management.
- Signs in the bathrooms entice guests to keep laundry to a minimum, and explain the benefits of unbreakable and reusable polycarbonate toothbrush glasses.
- Our toilet paper is made from 100% recycled food packaging.
- We allow recharging of all electric vehicles at our establishment.
- We offer Fairtrade/Max Havelaar hot drinks (tea, coffee and hot chocolate).
- We buy and promote local food produce.
- We participate in the reforestation activities of the Camargue Regional Park.
- Green activities are proposed to hotel guests. Horse-drawn carriage rides, horse-riding, trips to the Salins d’Aigues-Mortes (salt marshes), to the rice fields, to the Ornithological Park, mountain bike excursions, etc.
- We offer nature tours to boost guests’ environmental awareness.
- For breakfast we work with Tropicana, a company committed to the provenance of oranges and the preservation of our planet. .
- All of our paints are VOC compliant.
- During room renovations, 80% of building waste was recycled (concrete, bricks, wood, steel)
- Our construction companies are based in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, and we chose building material produced as locally as possible to limit the carbon footprint.
- We want to extend our approach, for example by installing solar panels for water heating and by proposing electric bike rentals to our guests.
- We want to continue to target and host guests with disabilities.
How can we involve our guests in this commitment?
To keep the 32 commitments made by our establishment, it is essential that we involve our guests, so we can improve our results even more. Even more so as our guests make sustainable development an increasingly important selection criterion.